Tuesday 27 September 2011

Starting out on BAPP Arts - Confused?


(this is mainly for new starters but experienced BAPP Arts students may wish to comment)
Starting a new programme, with people you don’t know, at a distance, focused on concepts and principles that you probably have not tackled at depth before, using technologies you may or may not be familiar with. ANYONE who was paying attention would be confused so don't for a second expect that this should all make sense at the beginning. My only advice is to accept the confusion – things will get clearer – access and read the module handbook – we have written them to be as clear as possible. Engage with all the tasks we set out in the module handbook, and use advisers and other students as your support network.
At the core of all learning is the unknown.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the starters advice, it is all slowly becoming clearer but I still feel daunted and just hope I am on the right track! I feel I am reading as much as possible,but the new information seems endless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Alicia. I am trying my hardest not to become daunted or overwhelmed by all the new technology and kidding myself on that i am embracing the mass confusion...but it is something that however unfathomable it seems now will in a while seem second nature. We will all get there. I do love your last line "At the core of all learning is the unknown". I will remember that always...genius!
    My one main concern is that i am missing something, ie that there is so much amazing technology out there that all filters down to this site and captures from those sites and posts to all those other sites and it does seem a little much to keep abreast of and keep them all up to date whilst still have a life outside twitting, facebooking, Linking In, Blogging, Emailing and goodness knows what else (and then read other peoples info!?!). How do you manage it all, not letting the info/site become stale/out of date or just bland and still get anything else done in the day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me feel a little better that Phil has just outlined exactly what I'm feeling, Im worried that I wont have time to complete all this to the standard I will feel happy with and also work enough to cover rent, oh and sleep as well!

    ReplyDelete